Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hello, hello there prefrosh!
I'm sorry that I haven't posted a new blog in a while, but I've been trying to think of WHAT I could write about. I mean, it's difficult from this side of the fence. Most things seem just too mundane to write about, to waste your time with. However, this weekend something fantastic is happening. This weekend is ROFLCON! That's right, ROFLCON. For those of you who don't know, ROFL is an internet acronym that means "Rolling On The Floor Laughing". CON is a typical suffix for any convention (as you will have cemented in your mind after attending MIT). ROFLCON (which will take place in the Student Center in the Sala de Puerto Rico) is a world-wide convention that occurs once a year, and features a myriad of internet celebrities. For instance, do you know who Tron guy is? He'll be there. Do you read Dinosaur Comics? XKCD? They'll all be there, too. Also, you can expect icanhascheezburger.com and many others. In fact, here's a link:

http://roflcon.org/

Enjoy! I'm excited because MIT students (and Harvard students, to be fair) got half price tickets if you bought them early. I bought my ticket early, and I plan to hopefully be able to hobknob with the most famous internet personalities and talk to them, hearing their success stories, etc, etc.

Of course, I'm not going to lie. There are tests to be studied for, P-sets to be done, but I'm on top of it. I already have one P-set almost completely done, and I'm going in to office hours tonight, and the other P-set I will have finished by tomorrow (hopefully) as I will work with a friend of mine. I also have a test on Thursday, but I don't feel too upset about it. Hopefully (again) with a bit more studying and some sleep, I'll be able to pass with a decent score (I've been doing pretty well in that class so far).

Lastly, I've read some of the "Guest Posts" on other blogs, and I've noticed that there aren't many on East Campus. If anyone would like to blog about East Campus, contact me, and I'll see if I can post for you!

Thanks much for all your support!

~Till

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this blog dead? If it was written actively/you posted on MIT admissions more, it'd gain readers. I'm just wondering because I liked the blog =).